Web design in Milton Keynes
How Blogs Can Generate Traffic to your Website
Blogs contain information about the product or services offered and also related topics. Most people read blogs in order to gain more information about products and services they are interested in and peripheral knowledge about related subjects. Although they are often written in a casual style, they contain useful discussions, views and opinions.
The greatest advantage of blogging is that it allows you to use keywords so that search engines can rank the website higher in the search result. The number of keywords used in a blog is directly proportional to the high position that your website will secure in the search list.
If you want blogs to generate more traffic to your website you can follow some guidelines.
- Let there be a dense usage of keywords related to your products and services. Google analytics will help you review the number of keywords and know your status.
- Publish blogs consistently and regularly. A visitor who finds the same blogs every time he visits your site will stop visiting it. A visitor returns to your website to learn something new.
- Maintain a fixed schedule for publishing blogs. For example publish a new blog every week or every 15 days, as it suits you. This will help the visitors to decide when to come back to the site.
- List the blogs in a reverse order, that is, the latest blog should be at the top, followed by the previous one and so on. The oldest blog will be at the bottom of the list.
- Publish quality blogs. When people look for information seriously, they appreciate quality. A badly written blog is most harmful to the website!
- Quality blogs will increase the number of indexed pages on your website and create multiple entry points to the website.
- Embed a question within the blog or at the end of it occasionally. Ask questions related to your products. Make sure that the readers can send the answers online through the website. It is easy to type a response immediately rather than sending an answer via mail.
- Asking questions, requesting visitors to leave a comment or recording their reviews makes the blogs interactive and dynamic. The comments can be further commented upon by other visitors, thus creating a chain of discussion and forming a community of individuals sharing similar interests. They are bound to frequent your website regularly.
- Comment on blog posts on other websites. Share links on your website. This will expand the community and attract more and more visitors.
- Include feedback tools like Twitter and Facebook.
Blogging on websites is becoming a common platform for information seekers. Attracting visitors will result in popularising the website promoting business substantially. It seems inevitable that blogging will become even more powerful in the future with more people and businesses recognising the power of bloggers as online influencers.
Web design in Milton Keynes